PARMA Sacramento Chapter Meeting
October 5, 2022
8:00AM – 2:30 PM
- 8 – 8:45 am Breakfast & Networking
- 8:45 – 9 am Welcome & Announcements
- 9 – 10:15 am Sexual Abuse & Molestation Claims for School Districts.
This presentation will address the effects AB 218 from a fiscal, operational, and insurability perspective for school districts. How can schools move forward with best practices for increased prevention and awareness to protect students from abuse in schools.
Presenters: Brad Keenan, Vice President AP/Keenan & Associates and Shawnee Nishimura, Account Executive AP/Keenan & Associates.
- 10:15-10:30 am Snack Break
- 10:35 Raffle-1st of 3 raffle draws*
- 10:40 – 11:45 am George Hills – The Rising Cost of Wrongful Death Actions: Impact of SB 447 on survival actions due to amendment of Code of Civil Procedure sec. 337.34
The cost of a wrongful death action will increase due to the categories of damages which are now recoverable. This increase will have a ripple effect for all defendants, both public and private, and requires careful consideration at the outset of a case and thereafter. This presentation will address the origins of the change in law and the effects that must be accounted for when handling wrongful death cases.
Presenters: Benjamin D. Oram, Esq., General Counsel, George Hills Co. and Randy Lingenfelter, PECP, Claims Supervisor, George Hills Co.
- 11:45 – noon Raffle – 2nd of 3 raffle draws*
- 12:00 to 12:45 pm Lunch and networking
- 12:45 – 2:15 pm Hanna Brophy – Workers Compensation Bingo
- 2:15 – 2:30 pm 3rd and final raffle draw* and draw for free registration for 2023 Annual Parma Conference for Public Entity Members that participated in 2 of our 3 Sacramento Chapter meetings
Location with free parking:
Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association (APAPA) National Headquarters
4000 Truxel Rd, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95834
- FREE to Public Entity Employees
- $45 for Associate Members
Sponsorships are available! Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker opportunities are available! Please email Carrie Willson at email@example.com
**Raffle Prizes, too** Must be present to win