Job Title: System Analyst
Under the direction of the Claims Operations Manager, the System Analyst administers ASCIP’s property and liability claims database, and performs a wide variety of operational, technical, and administrative duties for ASCIP. Additional responsibilities include supporting department-specific programs and tasks, including but not limited to preparing meeting and presentation materials, managing and maintaining ancillary software platform(s), documenting management system workflows, and answering internal and external customer questions. This position supports a variety of support and programmatic functions.
• Configure leased software platforms to meet the business needs for each of ASCIP’s departments.
• Manage data accuracy for the claims database (loss coding, coverage, value collection data, etc.).
• Liaison with database and ancillary business partners for troubleshooting and software updates.
• Configure and administer integration between the claims database and Legal-X bill review software.
• Create reports for CMS reporting compliance, data integrity assessments, and underwriting purposes.
• Administer security access to claims database and ancillary applications (logins and assigned roles).
• Performs data entry into various software systems with a high degree of accuracy.
• Conducts training for all new database users and assists colleagues in technical assistant roles.
• Performs various internal administrative support functions, including data analysis, reconciliation, and process documentation.
• Assists with and coordinates resolution of technical issues involving members and vendors.
• Maintains departmental website and shared drive(s).
• Review data types and sources and make recommendations to improve accuracy, quality, and workflow efficiencies.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Analyze claims data for recommendations for training/services.
• Provide reports to members or ASCIP staff as may be required.
• Responds to member inquiries related to department-specific technical areas or general ASCIP programs.
• Assist with setting up, maintaining, and modifying database property and liability claim files.
• Collaborate with the claims, risk, and accounting department employees to respond to members’ needs.
• Assist with ad hoc or special projects and other duties.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated database and data management skills.
• Strong knowledge of commercial insurance and claims principles, including billing processes.
• Excellent customer service skills, able to use tact, patience, and courtesy when communicating with others.
• Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues and business partners.
• Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and frequent interruptions.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Ability to take direction and perform duties as defined and directed.
• Mastery of modern office practices, procedures, equipment, and software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Origami, and Salesforce.
• At least five years working in a property and liability claims administration environment.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or IT system administration.
- SaaS Security Knowledge
- Encryption and Authentication (FTP/SFTP) Knowledge
- VBA Programming
- Dynamic Programming
- Data Analytics
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Risk Modeling
- Excel VBA
Apply by: Wed, 11/29/2023